The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favourite”. This award is the “Favourite Blog Award”.
The rules for this award state that you thank the person who kindly nominates you. In my case, thanks go to a wonderful person called, Oliana from http://tracesofthesoul.wordpress.com/
I am required to answer the 11 questions asked by Oliana and then devise another 11 questions for the 11 people that I nominate.
Here are the 11 questions asked of me…
1. What made you start blogging the very first time?
I had been writing on Forums for about a year before looking on Wordpress. The good thing about Forums is there is an instant reply to our thoughts. That’s before I realised that I can actually build an audience on my own blog. I had visions of writing to myself for months before anyone would read it. I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been contributing to my blog in the last (almost) 3 months. Without YOU, I am not so sure I would have stuck around.
2. If you had to go to a deserted island for 3 months, what 5 things would you not be able to live without?
I live on one now – in the middle of central London! No, seriously, I couldn’t live without my 2 cats, Missy & Oscar, and dog, Jack. I could probably live without everything else, but prefer not to be without my PC & Kindle Fire.
3. What size of shoe do you wear?
It has to be a 11 or 12 – thankfully, I no longer like to wear high heels!!
4. Do you believe in true love and why?
Gosh, it would depend what the interpretation of love is. Some people I have had the (dis)pleasure of meeting have a very warped view of their (selfish) love. I think we throw the word ‘love’ around too loosely, but I guess I do believe in true love. However, in my mental states, I’m not so sure I have been capable.
5. How old should a person really be permitted to drive & explain why?
I passed my test at 18, but do not believe people should be permitted to drive until they are 21, not without plates to indicate they are a new driver and with speed restrictions. I think under 21, most of us (men for definite) think we are invincible and tend to take more chances behind a wheel than is considered sensible.
6. What is your favourite meal of the day?
Breakfast cereal. It’s simple to put together and quick to eat.
7. If you could control the weather, what would you choose?
Definitely below 30 oC, with occasional rain to keep Britain looking green and lush.
8. If you could eliminate one thing evil in this world, what would it be?
Most definitely the abuse of children
9. We have animal protection, child protection; should we start having laws to protect elderly persons?
I suffered child abuse and it horrifies me to think that perhaps one day I might fall victim to more abuse as an elderly person. That possibility is very real. If we are to protect the current elderly and our future, I think it would be wise to improve our history of bad care practices.
10. Have you ever had a speeding ticket and when was that?
Yes, unfortunately, I’ve had two in 15 years. The first was very large and I was lucky not to lose my licence. The second one I did contest, successfully.
11. What did you want to be when you were in grade school?
Well, I had a very traumatic early childhood, which tainted any vision I would ordinarily have. There was only one thing I longed to be and if you read my post, “Gender Blow – High heels and Handbags”, then you might understand.
The 11 bloggers I would like to nominate are…
Okay, it was tough to decide on the 11 bloggers I want to nominate. Firstly, I don’t know who has under 200 followers and, secondly, I wish I could nominate everyone. If you have more than 200 followers, well, maybe we can sneak you in the back door!
Now, it might be worth mentioning here…. When I first received this, of course I am touched by the sentiment. However, the entire process does feel a little laborious on first glance. In reality, once I got into it, there was a great deal of satisfaction answering my questions and creating my own 11 (of which I’ve cheated from a few other sources!).
So, my 11 nominees are
The 11 questions to my nominees are…
- What is the happiest time of your life and why?
- What do you enjoy reading?
- Can you tell us one thing about yourself that we don’t already know?
- How do you spend your free time?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- If you had to spend weeks on a desert island, what could you not live without and why?
- To date, what has been your worst experience in life?
- How did you get interested in writing?
- What made you take up blogging?
- What do you like the most about blogging?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what might it be?